A view into the life of a family who encountered a different future than expected, but has become all the richer for it.

Download Heather's NEW Album!!

Download or order a copy of Heather's NEW album Meet Us Here from www.cdbaby.com/heathermessick

Visit Heather's BandPage!!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Growing Up

Victoria is now 34 1/2 months old! It is hard to believe that in March she will turn 3! At times, it feels that the almost three years we've had Victoria have flown by. Right after her birth, however, the time probably felt like it went slowly because of the transition we went through as a family.

We have seen Victoria progress in so many ways. Lately, she is really trying to communicate verbally more and more. I'm seeing her shape her mouth and tongue differently than I've ever seen her do before as she "speaks." She is exploring new sounds that her mouth can make. I've been praying more lately that God would help her in her speech and I definitely believe that my prayers are being answered.

I wanted to share a quick video showing Victoria "talking" to me tonight. I'm not always sure what she is trying to tell me, but I love that she is "speaking" with confidence and SHE knows what she wants to tell me!

Once again, I'm blown away at God's faithfulness. He has never failed to walk this faith-journey with our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a single Mom of a 20-year-old son with Down syndrome, I must say that your daughter is absolutely beautiful! Your life is going to be both challenged and blessed beyond belief. Even now, when others ask me about all the things I went through with my son when he was young (but now extremely healthy and thin at 20!), I always tell them afterward that I feel like I'm talking about someone else's life, as I tend to forget everything we've been through (heart surgery, therapies, special ed at school, etc.). What I DO know is just how much you will appreciate your daughter when she becomes a teenager compared to your friends with "normal" teenagers! Ha, ha.... Every time I hear their stories, I thank God for my son and his absolutely wonderful sense of humor! Don't get me wrong. You will have your "days" where you will wonder what "might have been," but those small number of days in your life will be totally offset by the wonders of the absolutely superbly created child of God you DO have! GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.