A view into the life of a family who encountered a different future than expected, but has become all the richer for it.

Download Heather's NEW Album!!

Download or order a copy of Heather's NEW album Meet Us Here from www.cdbaby.com/heathermessick

Visit Heather's BandPage!!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Twins???

Ever since I was in high school, I remember telling my family members and friends that when I got married one day I would probably have twins. I was convinced that I would be the one in our family to have twins. See, someone in my family should have twins in my generation because my mom and aunt are twins. We were told in our family that is something that usually occurs every other generation. I think the reason I was so convinced of this back then was because I was as skinny as a bean pole. I knew I’d probably be the one to have to endure that pain since it would be almost impossible to squeeze two babies out of my tiny little body, much less one baby!

Okay, maybe that was part of the reason. The other part of the reason was that God had put something inside me that made me really feel like I’d have an unusual pregnancy. I assumed that meant twins were in my future, but looking back now I was mistaken. However, God was preparing me back then for something different and I just thought I knew what it was.

I remember an incident that occurred one particular night at my church while I was in rehearsal with our praise team. Two of my friends (Amy & Alicia) were sitting on the front row of the church and I could tell they were talking about me. I asked them what they were talking about. They said that they thought that I’d have twins one day. Keep in mind that this was before I’d had any children. We laughed about it and I told them about my always feeling like I’d have twins. They thought I had the laid-back personality required for having twins.

Looking back now … isn’t it funny that other people knew I’d have something unique in my life concerning the birth of my children, too? We all thought we knew what God’s plan would be, but He sure surprised us, huh? But, the thing we all knew was that He had already equipped me to handle the extra stress that would come along with a special pregnancy and birth.

Thank you, Lord, that You place in us the ability to handle whatever You send our way. And, You allow just enough stretching to cause us to run to You for help.

No comments: