A view into the life of a family who encountered a different future than expected, but has become all the richer for it.

Download Heather's NEW Album!!

Download or order a copy of Heather's NEW album Meet Us Here from www.cdbaby.com/heathermessick

Visit Heather's BandPage!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After All Is Said And Done

The Pastor's Conference was a wonderful and interesting experience. Let me explain ...

Saturday was a long day for Mark. He had meetings all day preparing for the conference, which started on Sunday afternoon. I, on the other hand, had a day to myself. Besides ironing and going to the workout room in the hotel, I rode with Beth White at lunchtime for a sandwich at Panera Bread. We had wonderful conversation to go along with the great food. Later I went back to my hotel room and took a nap. Naps never happen for me at home, so this was a real treat for me!

That night, after Mark finished up with his meetings, we met up with other North Mobile staff to eat at PF Changs. It was awesome!

After PF Changs, we decided to ride around and see if we could find Churchill Downs. We were able to find it and believe it or not, it was open and almost empty of people. We were able to walk all around the buildings and track. What a cool experience!

Unfortunately, during all the rest and fun, I had been getting calls from my mom. She had developed a very serious Staph infection. This was obviously terrible news. I was very concerned about my mom, but also was stressed because she and my dad were keeping Victoria and Natalie. So, during the weekend I was making many phone calls to line up another sitter for my kids. Fortunately, we have such a sweet lady in our life that has kept our kids many times that stepped in and saved the day! We couldn't be more thankful for Syble Parten! She is awesome!

Sunday afternoon was sound check for the band and praise team and Sunday afternoon the Pastor's Conference began.
We kept trucking full speed ahead the rest of the time we were in Louisville.
The speakers were wonderful and the music was awesome! God really moved in such a powerful way during the weekend. We were so thankful to be a part of such a powerful event. Even in the midst of stressful situations at home, when all was said and done ... it was a GREAT weekend!
PS - Here is a short video I took while at Churchill Downs!

No comments: