A view into the life of a family who encountered a different future than expected, but has become all the richer for it.

Download Heather's NEW Album!!

Download or order a copy of Heather's NEW album Meet Us Here from www.cdbaby.com/heathermessick

Visit Heather's BandPage!!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it appears that 2008 is now just a memory and 2009 has rushed in suddenly. It's hard to believe that so much has happened in the Messick household in a year!

A year ago today I was celebrating Mark's 36th birthday, planning Natalie's 1st birthday party and nervously awaiting the arrival of Victoria Jayne into our lives. Little did I know that when March of 2008 arrived (when Victoria was born), my life would forever be changed. I had no idea that I would experience so many emotions within the span of a year. From joy, to fear, to grief ... I would say that I had 'em all! But, because the Lord was with me through it all, I survived. And, I would also say that I'm a much better person because of the roller coaster of experiences that came along my path.

Victoria is such a joy to me. All the fears and worries I have about raising a Down Syndrome child seem to melt away each day I see her smiling face. Every time I hold her in my arms, I feel such peace that I was blessed to have her as my daughter. I feel a special plan was laid out for our family and we will experience things that most families will not. We will experience the sheer joy of a child who seems to have unending smiles. We will experience abounding hugs from a girl that just loves being a part of our family. And, when her sisters act like crazy goofballs, I have a feeling that Victoria will be the one who says, "Just behave and be happy!" I think she will continue to add such a wonderful dimension to our lives and I'm forever grateful to the Lord for all He has done in our family this year.

I've included some video of Victoria. I think when you see her, you will see the same things I see ... the blessings and grace of the Lord.

This video is of Mark loving on Victoria. She loves back with all that she is!


In this video, you will see how Victoria is such a tactile baby. She loves touching my fingers. She is, also, constantly rubbing on different materials close to her surroundings. I love that she is so "touchy! It's very sweet!

In this last video, Victoria is getting some "air!" The girl can bounce her legs so high in her bed that the rest of her body probably becomes airborne for a second!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, Heather. To God be the glory!!!

Wife of Rob said...

Her smile makes everything bad in the world just seem to melt away....it's infectious. You can't help but smile when you see her smile. She just gets more and more beautiful every day!