A view into the life of a family who encountered a different future than expected, but has become all the richer for it.

Download Heather's NEW Album!!

Download or order a copy of Heather's NEW album Meet Us Here from www.cdbaby.com/heathermessick

Visit Heather's BandPage!!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rolling Stones

Well, for those of you wondering ... my stone has NOT passed yet. I had another "attack" yesterday morning. I was miserable and had to take a pain pill. It took about an hour for me to have any relief at all. I just laid on the bed and moaned while Mark tried to keep all the girls from bothering me. Elyssa was at school so she didn't have to hear her momma in such pain. Natalie probably wondered what in the world was wrong with me, but she didn't seem too worried about my condition. Mark came in and checked on me every few minutes. He would try to make jokes to lighten the mood, but I wasn't a very good audience.

I got in to see a Urologist yesterday afternoon and he let me know that my stone was still very close to entering my bladder. It is just a matter of time. He also informed me that I have another kidney stone in my left kidney. PLUS, I have a few in my right kidney. Oh, Lordy! I'm going to have to go through this multiple times? So, thankfully, they are all very small. No surgery will be needed, but unfortunately, I just have to wait these suckers out. In the meantime, I covet your prayers on the passage of my current stone.

May it's passage be quick and painless!

PS - For those of you wondering ... kidney stones are as painful to me as labor. However, with labor, you at least have a few minutes to recover in-between contractions. My experience with kidney stones has been that of constant, stabbing pain around my left kidney. It is a terrible pain I wouldn't wish on anyone!

1 comment:

The Coles said...

Awww... I am so sad for you.. I hate that you have more to come. Maybe they will just hang out in your kidneys for a while and not move south!! PLEASE let me know if I can do anthing.. I will be more than happy to come get the girls if you get in pain!